Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - IN STEP

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

IN STEP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Some info Reply with quote

This i got off a yahoo group awhile back now,and it says from 88-90,so he was using it post instep of course,some other may have some more info,or you need to do a search on the net. Cool

Breakneckblues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rumored that he used the two wahs taped together for 'Say What.' I'm not sure if it was ever substatiated.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Read that too Reply with quote

Breakneckblues wrote:
It's rumored that he used the two wahs taped together for 'Say What.' I'm not sure if it was ever substatiated.

Yes i read this in a few books or mags,but seeing a picture or close up footage i cant remember,will have to pay attention next time i watch some dvds i have,one good close up picture one from around 89 i think its just one,i think that was when he was in the studio for the soul to soul album he used the double one.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Studio film? Reply with quote

Yes there must be some footage in the studio of srv and double trouble,cant remember seeing any realy,except i saw some from the family style album sessions,with srv and jimmie playing,fooling around etc..
Question
And here is agood picture of srv's setup of pedals,i may have showed it here before?.
Cool
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Going by the picture Reply with quote

Sweet_emotion16 wrote:
thanks for posting that! hes the best, great ideas for pedals as well. looking closely it looks like one ts-808 or maybe a ts-9?

By the picture above it says that too,but i thought i read he was using the lastest one too at the end,unless was it even out in 1990,thanks. Question
Breakneckblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best pages I have come across for SRV's gear is:

http://www.stevieray.com/gear.htm

It gives a pretty good over view of the gear he used throughout his career. Although take it all with a grain of salt, as I'm sure he switched around his gear quite a bit. Check it out. There are also pictures of a Hamiltone replica on the other pages.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: