Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - John Mayer Anyone??

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

John Mayer Anyone??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk5211

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: John Mayer Anyone?? Reply with quote

So i bought the new John Mayer disc, Continuum, only because i had heard his version of hendrix's bold as love which was on there, and i thought it was good. So here i was thinking that the rest of the disc was going to be like that, but it ended up being something different, kind of a pop blues mix, someone else might be able to describe it better....

Even thought the music isnt entirely my favourite style, i thought the guitar was good. Its like he can sound like SRV, Jimi and Clapton all at once.
Anyways what im asking is what everone else thinks of him, and i know there was an old topic on this but we got alot of new people here now....

Hawk
Christopher X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Dont have it yet Reply with quote

I have not bought the earlier albums of his,but had herd about his liking of srv,hendrix etc.. for awhile now,and herd about his change in style,so am still to get the try and continuum albums.I have herd some of the songs in parts or live versions off limewire,and was thinking it would be more blues,there are some,but it still has some sort of pop tunes etc..,so its a mix realy,i thought for awhile he had gone full into blues,but seems like he has incorparated some into his music more now,but not totaly,thats not bad as i like a mix of music's too.
Also ive herd the bold as love version and want to get it for that mostly and a few other songs,also i will be seeing him live this sunday aswell in concert,my first in 10 years or so. Cool
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Saw him last sunday Reply with quote

I saw john mayer last sunday,first concert in 10 years or more,i was hoping he would do a srv cover or hendrix's bold as love which was on his latest album,but he did not.It was real loud,besides mayer i like the drummer jj johnson,i did not like him having another 2 guitar players and them doing solo's too,i would rather it had been the john mayer trio group and more blue's songs too,he did many of his older hits off the last couple albums,and im shure only a few off the new one like waiting on the world to change etc.. Cool
Russell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a good live version of ‘Gravity’ knocking about with some really lovely ‘Lenny’ / ‘’May This Be Love’ type guitar.

Very tasty.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Herd that mentioned too Reply with quote

Russell wrote:
Theres a good live version of ‘Gravity’ knocking about with some really lovely ‘Lenny’ / ‘’May This Be Love’ type guitar.

Very tasty.

I herd that song at the concert i went to last week of mayer's and someone near me actualy said that too of a hendrix' sound to it. Cool
Russell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail me your address, I'll send you a copy if you wish.
Russell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out 'So Excited' from 'Youtube' aswell.
Russell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download 'Slam Jam' by Roomful of Blues too.

That is very SRV!!!!!!
hawk5211

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell wrote:

i would love a copy russel. My email is in my profile

thanks

Hawk
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Me? Reply with quote

Russell wrote:

Is this me right,but what concert or is it one song?,and i think now this should have been in the open discussion area,also where is the mod TTrahan these days,spam etc.. is not being taken care of. Confused Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: