Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Speakers

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of Speakers do you use for T O N E?
Jensens
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Celestion
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Emminence
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tone Tubby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Weber
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Breakneckblues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

What type of speakers did The Man use in his amps.
I'm pretty sure he switched out the stock speakers in his Super Reverbs in favor of EVs but that's all I know.
Gamedojo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't vote because you didn't list all the options. And even more odd, you didn't list either of the only 2 speakers SRV ever used.

Stevie used 10" JBLs in his supers and 15" JBLs in his vibroverb for years. Eventually Diaz got an endorsement deal with Electro Voice, and from then on switched ALL of his amps with EVs. 4x12s with EVs for the dumbles, 10" evs for the supers and 15" evs for the Vibroverbs. I believe this all happend roughly 84-85.

I personally only use EV speakers in all my fenders. 4x10 evs are rediculously heavy so I put them in a separate speaker cab and hook my super to it. I have 2x12 EVs in my Twin Reverb... and I'm having a guy build me a vibroverb from scratch and I've already got a 15" EV sitting waiting to be installed.

EV speakers don't hide anything. They are extremely balenced speakers that do not color the tone of the amp. Players that don't like EV speakers are players that have bad tone. What I mean is, EVs will show you what is wrong with your setup very fast. If you don't like your tone with EVs, there is probably something wrong.

http://www.shelleygrund.com/recording/Recordings.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: