Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Stevie Was Just It

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Stevie Was Just It

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Stevie Was Just It Reply with quote

I just spent the last hour listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan music - mostly on headphones 'cause my wife & kids already went to bed. Holy crap - SRV was such an incredible musician - I got something for you - Put on "Dirty Pool" from the 1982 Montreux show. If this isn't the most beautiful blues song that you've ever heard, please respond. And then, I'll try to change your mind. Stevie Ray was just the best that ever was.
UncleSalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I slightly prefer the Live at Carnegie Hall version. SRV does that thing of channelling Otis Rush, but sounding only like himself. Personally, I wish SRV recorded a few more minor blues, other than this & Tin Pan Alley, because I love what he can do on that kind of groove.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnegie Hall is probably my favorite SRV release to date. Especially when you add 'The Sky is Crying' and 'Voodoo Chile' from the box set. All of the songs are great, the playing is even more great, and the big band is the best part!
FenderVoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love his style of minor blues playing too. Montreaux Dirty Pool version has got to be one of my favorites as well, he just "tears it up" as usual.

Cool Danny
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: