Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - HOWDY BY GOLLY!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

HOWDY BY GOLLY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: HOWDY BY GOLLY! Reply with quote

Hello, one and all. I'm registered at most sites i go to as THUNDERBYRD but something went wrong the other night as i was registering under that moniker and 'thunderbyrd' got lost in limbo somehow - very strange! the whole internet was acting weird that night...

...anyhow, i'm a (pretty bad) guitar player who is trying to pick up as much of Stevie's thang as i can get, along with Jimi, Robin Trower, Eric, Carlos, Peter Green, Albert King, Freddie King, BB...you know, all the usual suspects!

i'm afarid i haven't got any soundclips to post, believe me, it would only be comic relief right at the present anyhow!

as for equipment, (thunderbyrd mounts his soapbox to make his usual speech, which is quite inspiring if you've had 4-5 beers): amp: one blues jr and about a dozen little practise amps all in various state of disrepair, Guitars: one mim robert cray, one very fine les paul goldtop, and the newest member of the harem, a SRV sig model strat. (here's the speech part) Even if i am never too darn good a guitar player, i intend to have great guitars - when i was a teenager in the 70's all i ever had was unplayable junk. now that i work for a living, i want guitars that are great. i don't play golf...i don't bet the horses...i don't own a harley...so i deserve the best.

otherwise, gearwise i'm thinking seriously about taking the pick-ups out of the cray and putting them into the SRV, then putting lipsticks into the cray...what do you guys think?
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Just saying hi from a fellow srv fan,but why change the srv strat pickups for some cray ones,no guitar expert but would think better to leave the srv one as its meant to be,just my opinion. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: