Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - In search of.....

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

In search of.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: In search of..... Reply with quote

Two things I haven't come across yet. SRV playing Little Wing or playing a Les Paul on video/dvd.

Tommy
hide_away

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a video of Little Wing...it's at the end of the Austin City Limits dvd. It's not a performance video of him playing the song...but it's still an awesome video...lots of vintage shots of Stevie and Jimi and other blues greats. Sometimes I'll pop in the dvd just to watch that video.
Give me time on the Les Paul thing...if he ever played one I'm sure there's a pic of it somewhere....and you know me. I'll either have it or find it. Wink

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
TTrahan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRV plays Little Wing at the '84 Rockpalast show.

This show can be purchased on eBay. I have the DVD and VHS version.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratasaurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that picture but never heard or watched him play it, that's what I was wondering. I'm curious as to how it sounds and what songs he would use it for, I'd just like to see it being played.
As far as Little Wing on Austin City Limits, I have that. To tell you the truth, when I purchased that tape it listed Little Wing in the song listing and that was one of the reasons I bought it. I was a little bummed when I found out it was just the song playing in the background over clips of Stevies life!! Good thing the rest of the tape was good!! Very Happy

I found this on EBAY SRV

It doesn't give any clue to the condition and reading reviews of the seller there was a few complaints that customers recieved copies, not originals (and poor ones).
Is the Rockpalast show a bootleg or is it an actual concert tape. Would I be better off waiting for someone else to offer this?

Tommy
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockpalast is a professionally filmed concert vid. It was done very well.

Well, the DVD is most likely going to be a copy, all of mine are copies! They all work though, so who cares if it's the original one or not? You're getting good quality DVDs (that aren't even on the market) for a good price (about the same you would pay at any big electronics/media store). Do not be afraid of buying them on eBay, I've purchased probably 10 of them and haven't had a problem.
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stratasaurus
You might want to think about getting this. There's only 4 hours left on the item and no bids thus far.
And....if you get it then you can make a copy for a real good SRV online buddy of yours....hint hint....ME! LOL. Wink Laughing Cool Just kidding. Shocked

~Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sven Vandermaas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard that the WDR, the German tv channel who did the Rockpalace show is going to release new dvd's from shows they had in the past. One of the new dvd's is one with 3 shows of Rory Gallagher and they might release Stevie's show in the future.

Till that time we all have to do it with a converted copy in a 'vhs' quality.

Sven

http://www.texas-legend.com
Stratasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange......!

I went back to EBAY and the DVD had already sold. That one had Little Wing in the set list and that's the song I'm looking for.

There are 3 other DVD's up of that show but none of them have Little Wing in the set list. What's up with that???

Tommy
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy - Does one of the auctions have "Lenny" in the setlist?

On the rockpalast DVD they call Little Wing, Lenny for whatever reason. Like the Germans didn't know what song he was playing or something Rolling Eyes

If someone is just copying DVD's and making money off of them (not a real fan of SRV or whatever, just trying to make a buck), they probably don't know that he is playing Little Wing and not Lenny.

If you want to hold off until I get my PC fixed (burner drive went down) I can burn you a copy (hideaway too). I'm taking it in Tuesday and should have it back by the end of the week. All I would ask is for $10 to cover shipping and the cost of the DVD-R.

Let me know.

Troy
Stratasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Troy, I asked the seller and she thanked me for pointing out the fact that she completely left out Little Wing. She went back and added it to the list. On an enlarged view of the cover I can see it in the list.
The other one does say "Lenny" both in the sellers set list as well as on the cover (which oddly enough is the same cover as the other except for the song).

Anyway I purchased the one that said Little Wing.
I bought it out right for $15.00 rather than bidding on it, that's cheap enough and I didn't want to wait or lose it.

Thanks for the help.

Tommy
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTrahan.....is a money order ok? Shocked OK....I'm going to the market and getting a money order right now!!! LMAO!
Thank you!!!!!!!! Laughing Cool
Let me know in a PM where to send it to and I'll give you my addy as well. I SOOOO appreciate this!!!! Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

~Stevie Ray Vaughan
wolftrane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rockplast DVD is of decent quality. However when he played Little Wing they switched to a camera on a helicopter showing the crowd and the river behind the stage for a while. I was bummed because there was no close up of Stevie playing.

www.srvguitar.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: