Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Email regarding SRV photos - PLEASE READ!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Email regarding SRV photos - PLEASE READ!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Email regarding SRV photos - PLEASE READ!! Reply with quote

Quote:

To: kirk95
Sent: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:45:58 -0600
Subject: Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum

Dear David,

A friend sent me a link to visit your Stevie Ray Vaughan discussion forum today, and I really enjoyed reading most of the posts.  Although I've read tens of thousands over the years, I never get tired of reading what folks have to say about Stevie and Double Trouble.

I would like to offer a comment; you can choose to publically post this or not, the decision is purely up to you.

I've worked with Tommy Shannon for going on 8 years, we've been close friends for 11.  I designed and built both the Double Trouble site that used to be online and the current Tommy Shannon site (www.tommyshannon.com).  Both sites have had very large photo albums; the reason being Tommy has lead an incredible life, most of it documented with photos, which are very precious to him.  He is a very kind and giving man, that is one of the main reasons he chose to share so many pictures of him, Stevie and others that had been previously unreleased, from his personal collection.  All he's ever asked is that site visitors respect his request they remain exclusive to his site.  I don't think that is unreasonable.  I do know that request is honored by many of our site visitors.  I've even received requests from site guests from around the world that have written and asked if we would mind if they copied one or two to use as wallpaper on their personal computer, knowing full well we would never have known if they did it one way or another.  Respect is a beautiful thing.

I haven't been through the entire forum yet, but I did notice that ALL the photos in hide-away's "Stevie Ray Vaughan Up Close and Personal" post were lifted from Tommy's site.  As moderator, can you remove them?  Tommy's site is accessible 24 hours a day, anyone can link to it, so it disturbs me that people that claim to hold Tommy in high regard can ignore such a simple request.  I don't spend time searching the web to find out who's copied photos from his site (but they are watermarked so it's not hard to tell) but as Tommy and I discuss expansion of his site this type of activity is certainly a consideration on whether or not we should add more photos in the future.

Thanks for reading my letter.

Best Regards,
Beverly

------------
Beverly Howell
Lone Star Artists

Of course we will respect Beverly's and Tommy's wishes!

Very Happy
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Just copied it Reply with quote

I saw this on the photo site,which i joined today,just realy to get some of the pictures there for my library of srv pictures,and that one of him playing behind his back looked familar too.So i should delete it then?,its hard to tell where they come from,i have saved many from sites and posted on some sites too,trying to give a source though i have not always done as that site too maybe got it from another site etc...So any picture you post on the net,is it realy necessary to say where it came from all the time or not. Question
HeavyStringsTunedLow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope none of the pics in my signiture are from Tommy's site! I don't think they are, as I have checked out his sight numerous times. However, if there is a problem I would gladly remove them. Again, I hope I'm not breaking any boundaries here.

Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: