Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Banana/Hockey stick headstock guitar?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Banana/Hockey stick headstock guitar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slyzspyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Banana/Hockey stick headstock guitar? Reply with quote

hey Scott, I saw this clip of you with Jean Luc Ponty where you are playing what looks to be an 80s shredder Kramer/ESP/Performance type guitar but can't see any logo.
Just curious if you remember what it was, if it was yours or a loaner etc? Did a bit of searching but couldn't find any info... as we know, it's all about the gear and not about musicality, ideas, touch/feel etc Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWJ1LnQwLgU

Last edited by slyzspyz on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't remember, but in those days it wasn't even about the gear - it was about getting companies to spend money on ads. All guitar players are publicity seeking attention whores, but in those days it was even more out of control. Companies like Ibanez and Kramer were making shit guitars, but buying big ads for their endorsees in popular magazines like Guitar Player.

I was on that bandwagon too - I was playing anyone's guitars (Yamaha, Kramer, Charvel, Ibanez) no matter how bad they sounded, in exchange for advertising. I sucked more corporate dick than Jenna Jameson.

I went to gear rehab and I'm no longer a prostitute. I only endorse the gear I really use and like.
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I sucked more corporate dick then Jenna Jameson”😂

Maybe it was bad then but it seems worse now. Gear demos are actually a way that lots of guitar players release music: “check out my song while I play this pedal that someone sent me”.
I teach private lessons and I know some younger people who listen to certain gear demos because they like the music. When I realize this I always play them great instrumental guitar music and then they go “oh, I guess the music in that gear demo really wasn’t that well conceived”Smile.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably is worse now - I'm just not part of it anymore. I can totally empathize with guitarists who're looking for exposure to use gear demos as a way to get it. Unfortunately it's difficult to turn down offers, even if you don't like the gear. I whored myself out to promote gear I never even used, so I have no right to judge others.
slyzspyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the guitar solo in the clip above starts around 1m06s with lots of shots of the guitar if anyone wants to try figure it out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: