Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Pedals/Guitar Volume
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Pedals/Guitar Volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenderfanatic

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Pedals/Guitar Volume Reply with quote

Hey Scott. Back when you were using the Voodoo 1/TS combo did you find that the tone sounded good when turning your guitar volume down like the SD9 does by itself?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the SD-9 or SH9 clean up very well when turning the guitar volume down. Those are high gain pedals and sound best when the guitar volume is up. A closer comparison is the TS/Voodoo 1 combo and the RC Booster - they both clean up nicely when turning down and have about the same amount of gain. However I have a problem with the 2-channel RC Booster - when I turn down the guitar it causes some hiss. I don't notice it live, but when recording I use the white 1-channel version if I'm going to turn down the guitar.

The TS/Voodoo 1 combo is interesting because changing the order creates two completely different tones. With the TS first it's kinda midrangy and the high notes are thin, but in the middle of the guitar it sounds great. With the Voodoo 1 first, it's more of a scooped sound, but HUGE. I still use it from time to time. I also run my RC Booster into the Voodoo 1 sometimes, to give it some extra bass. I set the Voodoo 1 with the volume all the way up, the gain all the way off, and the tone somewhere between 10 and 12 o' clock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: