Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Fender steel trem block
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Fender steel trem block

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seljetnoma

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Fender steel trem block Reply with quote

Scott,

Is the tremolo block drilled deeper on your Suhr modified Fender tremolo?
It seems from pics I see online that the ball-ends of the strings are way deeper into the trem block.
I guess that makes the strings bend a little easier?
How deep are they drilled?

Thanks and kind regards,

Frank
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bridges on my signature guitars come directly from Fender, and do not have the string holes drilled any deeper. In my opinion that lowers the quality of the tone. That being said, a couple years ago, a mistake was made at the machine shop that drills the vibrato arm hole bigger, and the string holes were drilled very deep into the block. This only happened to about 20 blocks, and to my knowledge, the people who received those guitars sent them back and got normal blocks.

If anyone has one of those guitars, Suhr is happy to fix the mistake. Can you send links to where you saw those blocks with the deep string holes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: