Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Questions for Scott
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Questions for Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Questions for Scott Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Hope all is well.

Firstly, I’m incredibly disappointed that I won’t be able to make it to your Baked Potato shows. I was supposed to be in LA but unfortunately some other things have come up. Oh well…Hope to see you play live soon.

I’m writing this to ask two questions:

1. I know that one thing you love about the Suhr (as opposed to a vintage Fender) is that the high e string doesn’t slip off the edge of the fretboard. I’m wondering if this is because the fretboard is wider or if you use a trem with narrower spacing? I’ve got a callaham strat trem that they call the “V/N Version” where the spacing is 2 1/16" instead of the more common 2 7/32" and have never faced the issue of string slipping off the fretboard

2. What do you think of hardtail strats? I listened to a few and they sound interesting. Thinking of getting one but would you rather get a hardtail strat or a tele?

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Suhr necks are about 1/16" wider at the butt of the neck, and depending on the fret style and other factors, sometimes the nut is also cut a tiny bit narrower. Also, the bridges he uses are a bit narrower than the Fender Vintage bridge on my guitars. I don't have any problems with the E string - I guess the wider neck fixes it.

I haven't played a hardtail strat in a long time but I remember it being fatter sounding than a normal one - some tone is definitely lost with the whammy bridge, but it's worth it! Personally if I had to choose, I'd go with a Tele because they also sound much fatter than a normal strat and you get that amazing tone - the question would be ash or alder... ash is the traditional Tele sound, great for country, blues and jazz, but mine is alder because I use more gain and alder is darker - better for rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: