Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - SH-9 signature pedal
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

SH-9 signature pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erakare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: SH-9 signature pedal Reply with quote

Looks like mine has finally shipped! Arriving Monday...Will at Godlyke has been ultra-responsive and concerned for purchasers about the delays...I appreciate his getting it right even though it meant a longer wait...
Eager to get it!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - hope you like it! I think there was a delay in production at the beginning because of a cosmetic powder-coating problem which has been solved. Maybe the machines didn't like my choice of purple...
erakare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it today...very impressed with the quality of workmanship, and the sound of the pedal is everything I expected.
Repeated sessions are warranted, but on initial reaction, it's a great sounding and responsive addition to my studio arsenal...
Kudos to Godlyke/TWA for initiating the process, and to Scott for persevering in getting it exactly to his tastes...
Turns out what Mr Henderson likes in a pedal is very logical and the SH9 will undoubtedly prove to have broad appications in a variety of applications...
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that! My first impression was that the midrange is more pleasing and fatter sounding, especially on high notes, and there's more real bass, not that fake woofy sounding bass most distortion pedals have.
erakare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an opportunity to use the pedal on a recording today and just like Scott said above: excellent bass and mid-range...this is the first pedal I've personally experienced that has an actual present 'tone'...it doesn't simply filter or boost, it retains a characteristic that seems to be focused in the lower mids that responds well to subtle changes with the guitar tone control...centered around a very pleasing frequency, to my ears...
Thanks again Scott!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: