Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - pod vs. pandora
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

pod vs. pandora

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenstrings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: pod vs. pandora Reply with quote

anyone here have enough experience w/ both the pod and the korg pandora to compare the two? i have a pod 2.0 which i pretty much only use for practicing. but the fact that the korg is small enough to fit into a gig bag makes it a little more appealing to me. but i dont know about the sounds/tone/fx/etc. your thoughts?
Glenn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have!

I carry a Pandora in my guitar case everywhere.....with it's rhythm functions, it's great for practicing. You can use it in front of an amp for the ultimate in portable FX if you have to as well.

Still, whilst the sounds and FX are good, I wouldn't use it as my primary FX....it's just handy as a backup and for practicing.

By way of comparison, I've spent a lot of time tweaking my POD XT, and I've now got some pretty nice sounds in it...some that I would be quite happy to use in a recording situation, and not just at home or jamming.

So, if you're just wanting a practice tool, or something to jam with, and maybe use as a backup....get a pandora.....it fits in your guitar case, and you can;t beat that.

If you are more seriosu about editing all the parameters of FX, and want a lot of different sounds and FX, and want to do some recording, the POD XT is better....but bigger!

Of course, I don;t use the POD XT exclusively for recording....can;t beat a miked valve amp pushed hard. Mmmmm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: