Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - SE-70
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

SE-70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panosy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: SE-70 Reply with quote

Hello, I recently got the SE-70 as I wanted a not-so-expensive and small rack to carry around, I like some sound from it but I have only the German manual (got it used from ebay) so I can use only what I figured out myself.
I use it in my amp effects loop and I have some questions, if anyone can help I would appreciate it!!

-I think it's most practical using the loop in series mode (it has both series and parallel with mix knob) and mix the amount of wet/dry from the SE-70. Does anyone use it in parallel and return only the wet from the SE?

-I'm using delays and reverbs mostly, some choruses and I like some of the synth-sounds (horn type is kinda cool). These sounds though drop the output level to a fixed point and do not respond to the input level? What am I doing wrong? I use both the <mixer use> and <guitar amp> presets but no good.. As I said I use the SE after the preamp..
Any help???

Thanx a lot..
stratoskier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should read (in the gear section, and in various posts) how Scott runs the SE-70 using a one-channel mixer. I believe he splits his signal, runs the SE 100% wet (no dry signal in outputs) into the mixer, where it is mixed back with his unaffected signal. So you might want to try using the parallel loop, and set the SE-70 to 100% wet, then blend to taste.

I asked a few questions about how to use the SE-70 awhile back, and Scott responded that it would ruin your sound if all your signal ran through it. Also, in an earlier "Ask Scott" thread, he gave the settings he uses for his rich reverb+delay settings. I duplicated those settings, and it is definitely a nice sound.

Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: