Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - allan holdsworth plays texas in feb.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

allan holdsworth plays texas in feb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbeard70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: allan holdsworth plays texas in feb. Reply with quote

yes allan holdworth is playing shows in texas for the first time in 17 years
feb. 15 austin, tx club 7
feb. 16 houston, tx continetal club
feb. 18 denton, tx silver leaf
tell all this may never happen again.
Tritonesub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste of notes... the guy cannot play tastefully at all... thought he could get away with jacking off on his guitar for 2 hours. Bass player (jimmy johnson) was impressive... drummer chad wackerman was also great..... holdsworth was a big dissapointment man the guy plays with no emotion... just really fast and fucks up constantly which he probably claims is playing 'out' .. yeah right... what are we all stupid
Red Suede

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a sad guy Tritonesub, to be dissing one of the favorite guitar players of the guy this board is about. You might as well be dissing him. You should have just said "it wasn't my cup of tea", and left it at that. Scott himself would probably tell you that he got a lot of stuff from Holdsworth.
Tritonesub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i denfinately see the holdsworth influence in scotts music.
But its more compositionally oriented, chord voicings and tone. Not the mindless barage of notes that i saw. Maybe he had a bad night. All i'm saying is these guys think that since they are playing in america and not europe (especially in texas) they can put on some kind of half ass show and nobody will know any different.
Red Suede

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he had a bad night. It would be hard for me to tell. But the guys he was playing with wouldn't be caught dead playing with a hack, especially for what "fusion" pays. What you saw was the way Holdsworth plays, and it's definitely a "like or hate" thing. He definitely knows what he's doing.
Tim Goynes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you feel that way, Tritone. But you shouldn't post such a flagrant remark about a legendary guitar player. If you don't like him, that's up to you, and you're perfectly entitled to dislike his playing. A lot of people don't. Then again, a lot of people DO. You're undoubtably going to ruffle a few feathers with remarks like "what a waste of notes...no emotion...etc"--no matter who you're speaking of. Then everyone throws fits, and nobody's happy. The way I see it, anybody who plays the guitar is someone else's favorite guitarist--so be careful with what you say.

On a lighter note, I was at the Denton show with Fred Hamilton, my guitar teacher/mentor at UNT. I think the band sounded really great. I saw him when he came two years ago as well, with Ernest Tibbs and Joel Taylor...I think Chad and Jimmy are a much better match. Both lineups are good, but there is definitely a strong rapport between Allan, Chad, and Jimmy, and it really shows. Hope he comes back again soon.

-TG
Red Suede

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritone, try and find Bill Bruford "One Of A Kind". The epitomy of taste and what really showed me about melodicism within a particular genre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: