Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Dear Scott.....could you play some jazz eventually? please..
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Dear Scott.....could you play some jazz eventually? please..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alepanzino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Dear Scott.....could you play some jazz eventually? please.. Reply with quote

hi Scott,
this is alessandro panzani from florence (italy) one of your MI students (1989/90).
all the people who were really lucky to study with you over there will remember your amaising open counselings and back then you were playing the most amaising solos over any jazz tune either old or modern..
i personally remember (and probably you too) when you played with emily remler giant steps and other songs (i have the tape,he,he) and you both sounded different and yet fabulous (poor emily...what a shame) ,or when at a certain point a guy called lior (israel) from the first phase came there and played with you stella in such an amaising way that at the end you told him literally "so...what are you doing here!" (i have the tape too)..
anyway,
outside of the MI you had tribal tech and the blues band and collaborations with other musicians but i never seen you playing real jazz...(i now you don't like it a lot...but you like to improvise and you like melodies instead of chops...so..)
i loved tribal tech and the blues band and everything you made out there, but i really miss your jazz stile which is really different from many others.
in a way you reminded me of scofield cause he's also a blues guy but with more aggressivness...
i have a lot of tapes with you playing the most amaising solos over any jazz tunes (i could make millions or even billions of dollars releasing them..well probably not and i won't do it anyway..)
hope to see you soon in italy with my american wife rebecca and my 5 months old son alex......maybe with some modern jazz tunes included...
p.s.
last time in pontassive (italy) with the new drummer you played two of your favourite jazz songs "chelsea bridge and the fuckinggreat fee fi fo fuNNNN!!!!
keep adding!!!
ciao
and thank again for being my most honest toughest and best teacher.
ajay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz is so 1960...

Its all about rockin out these days! Turn it up, get a fuzz pedal, a whammy bar and then go nuts! Cool
alepanzino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajay wrote:
Jazz is so 1960...

Its all about rockin out these days! Turn it up, get a fuzz pedal, a whammy bar and then go nuts! Cool

i'm doing that all the time.but...
you're saying this probably 'cause you never heard him playing jazz like he loves to play it.back in 1989/90 (when i was studying with him in L.A) he was cranking the amp as loud as possible playing some jaco (pastorius) tunes or some cick corea tunes with guys like jeff berlin or gary willis and drummers like joe eredia and believe me IT WAS NOT 1960 JAZZ!
don't expect a 1960 jazz at all!
and that is the fun of it.
playing jazz with a fucking distorted sound and a crazy drummer:this is what i'm talking about!
and he was the best in doing that.
no boring 1960 jazz here!
I come from the BLOODY british rock groups of the 60's and 70's like he did.(JIMI HNDRX, LED ZEP., WHO,DEEP P., ECT....)
and australian! (talking about the one of my favorite of all time......angus and his brother malcom...you know what i mean..)
in fact, every time i go out i play with either a marshall and pedals or a custom audio head.
and i play "jazz".
believe me.it's cool.
p.s
and BTW...nothing is wrong with the 60's...
some of the most creative music started or DEVELOPED back then!
ask Scott.
he'll tell you the exact same thing.
actually without the 60's Scott would have been a plumber by now! Laughing

ask him.
ajay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy dooly.... that was a thesis!

I guess all i can say is: Hook, Line and Sinker Laughing

Totally not dissing the 60's.

Call it what you want, I stand by my comments that its all about whammy bars, fuzz pedals and rckin out. If thats what you call Jazz, then so be it. I dont go for "genres". I go rocking the fuck out of the guitar Twisted Evil
alepanzino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajay wrote:

Call it what you want, I stand by my comments that its all about whammy bars, fuzz pedals and rckin out. If thats what you call Jazz, then so be it. I dont go for "genres". I go rocking the fuck out of the guitar Twisted Evil

i still think that scott would have been a fucking plumber by now without the 60's....
and angus young a goddamned lousy bus boy...
i don't go for genres either..
that is why i play giant steps with my distorted 6 strings ken smith bass with a cranked ampeg head or panama by eddy VH with my yamaha grand piano in my huge living room (yes i'm a rich guy,very RICH...) and vivaldi four season with one of my warmoth fender stratocaster played with my hard dick....as a whammy bar.....
tomorrow i'm going to play the famous kraftwerk song "autobahn" by strimming one of my two girlfriend's narrow pussies.....

the sound is AWESOME.
ajay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alepanzino wrote:
ajay wrote:

i still think that scott would have been a fucking plumber by now without the 60's....
that is why i play giant steps with my distorted 6 strings ken smith bass with a cranked ampeg head or panama by eddy VH with my yamaha grand piano in my huge living room (yes i'm a rich guy,very RICH...) and vivaldi four season with one of my warmoth fender stratocaster played with my hard dick....as a whammy bar.....
tomorrow i'm going to play the famous kraftwerk song "autobahn" by strimming one of my two girlfriend's narrow pussies.....

the sound is AWESOME.

Dont know WTF you're on about dude Laughing

What started as an innocent little joke about jazz being out of fashion has turned into Angus young being a bus boy and you rockin out with your cock out on your grand piano, and for some unknown reason your telling us how incredibly rich you are - which has obviously done nothing for your ability to comprehend tongue in cheek remarks. Personal issues breaking surface tension?

For what is worth, I play a warmoth strat! and I balk at the thought of it being molestered!

When did I even remotely discredit the 60s Confused

Argh, I dont know, youre off ya chops!
alepanzino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajay wrote:
alepanzino wrote:
ajay wrote:

the sound is AWESOME.

Dont know WTF you're on about dude Laughing

What started as an innocent little joke about jazz being out of fashion has turned into Angus young being a bus boy and you rockin out with your cock out on your grand piano, and for some unknown reason your telling us how incredibly rich you are - which has obviously done nothing for your ability to comprehend tongue in cheek remarks. Personal issues breaking surface tension?

For what is worth, I play a warmoth strat! and I balk at the thought of it being molestered!

When did I even remotely discredit the 60s Confused

Argh, I dont know, youre off ya chops!

sorry if i hurt your feelings....
it was very nice to talk to you.
good bye.
ajay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No feelings hurt here dude Very Happy

At tad confused maybe.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: