Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New amp
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snider

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: New amp Reply with quote

Scott told me that the new Suhr SH (Scott Henderson) OD100 is coming in June or July. I ordered one from Tone Merchants and suggest all Scott Henderson fans to do the same. He is excited by this amp and has had his modded to be the grail of OD100s. I have sat with Scott many times comparing amps and he is very fond of the OD100 as y'all know, this current amp is an amp that incorporates his clean tones (ala the Dumble bandmaster) and a more refined lead tone. Scott is big on the notes above the 12th fret having a big sound and I am sure this amp covers it well.Can't wait to get mine.

SS
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: New amp Reply with quote

Snider wrote:
Scott told me that the new Suhr SH (Scott Henderson) OD100 is coming in June or July. I ordered one from Tone Merchants and suggest all Scott Henderson fans to do the same. He is excited by this amp and has had his modded to be the grail of OD100s. I have sat with Scott many times comparing amps and he is very fond of the OD100 as y'all know, this current amp is an amp that incorporates his clean tones (ala the Dumble bandmaster) and a more refined lead tone. Scott is big on the notes above the 12th fret having a big sound and I am sure this amp covers it well.Can't wait to get mine.

SS

Thanks Steve! That sounds pretty exciting. I knew that Suhr was taking over production of the OD100, but did not know about a SH model.

Please tell John he's more than welcome to joins us over here and talk about his amps and guitars since he is becoming more and more part of the SH tone chain.

Later!
Tom

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Steve! Cool I ordered mine at Indoor Storm two months ago Cheers
Matt Gordon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll likey use Indoor Storm as well, closer to me. Hell I may just take a drive up there, camp in the mountains for a night. That way I can get a first shot at Tom's amp!!! Twisted Evil
Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Gordon wrote:
I'll likey use Indoor Storm as well, closer to me. Hell I may just take a drive up there, camp in the mountains for a night. That way I can get a first shot at Tom's amp!!! Twisted Evil

Sorry Matt, it will be droped shipped from LA to SF (bay area)
Matt Gordon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! Well, twas a nice try! Laughing
Lee Delaney

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any word on how ch2 differs from stock?
I have an OD-100 and have modded ch1 myself, but it took me a long time to get compfortable with ch2. my settings are pretty weird to do that. I would be interested to see if it can be further modded to improve the sound.
fusion58

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it should be a great amp.

I haven't been keeping tabs on what's happening at either Suhr or CAE's sites.

Any plans to build a 50 watt (or lower wattage) version?

Cool
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get John Suhr over here to give us the scoop!
Carl

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: amps? Reply with quote

I thought they were building an 18 watt combo amp, too... But I haven't heard anything else about it for a while. Anybody know anything about it?

Carl Confused
dave 63

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,i'm glad that Scott has modded his OD100,cause i've seen him live and the sound was not so great( real) like on the record!But i doubt that he can really get the same dynamics from the OD100 head ,like the Dumble -Fender on the record!!Dont misunderstand me, the OD100 is a nice amp,but it's a complete different design!!Probably he modded the head to get closer with the tone to the Bandmaster in the clean channel.(sorry for my english) ciao
Matt Gordon

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave 63 wrote:
Hi,i'm glad that Scott has modded his OD100,cause i've seen him live and the sound was not so great( real) like on the record!But i doubt that he can really get the same dynamics from the OD100 head ,like the Dumble -Fender on the record!!Dont misunderstand me, the OD100 is a nice amp,but it's a complete different design!!Probably he modded the head to get closer with the tone to the Bandmaster in the clean channel.(sorry for my english) ciao
Dave, I think its safe to say the OD100 isn't anything like the Dumble, least not stock. And since John Suhr isn't really desigining the OD100 with the Dumble tone in mind, folks expecting to get a Dumble sound out of the OD100 might be sadly mistaken. My favorite amp tone has always been Dumble, and in the long run, thats where I want to be. But I thought Scott's live tones sounded great, but unfortunately I've only seen him once. Remember, no EQ can fix a bad sounding room, and if the room sucked, then God himself would suck playing there. I've seen Scott in a pretty bad room, and he sounded fantastic. I should admit - like John H - I'm listening more to what he is playing, not so much the tonal aspect.
dave 63

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Matt,you are completely right!What i'm trying to say(it's difficult cause my english is not that good)i've seen Scott many times here,and sometimes the sound was really great(with od100,1 time fantastic!),but the last record i can hear that is not od100 so much( very Landau),so it's difficult to reproduce those sounds with only 1 amp,also for a great player like Scott.I'm really into Dumble amps a lot,especially 80's amps( but i've had a od100 in 97),i'm talking about the dynamics and like the amp is voiced.(sorry for my english)I can see that all these great players are going in the Dumble territories ,cause these amps are the best ,at least for me.Sorry for the confusion ,but unfortunately i speak only bad italian!I would assume that Scott would use the od100 for the loop,and probably would be very expensive take all these amps inEurope.THANKS MATT BEST REGARDS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: