Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - mixing dry and wet signal in-front of the amp
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

mixing dry and wet signal in-front of the amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fab_zurich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: mixing dry and wet signal in-front of the amp Reply with quote

Hi Scott
I hope you are doing fine! We met in Switzerland at your gig in Schaffausen with the trio last May…. simply GREAT!!!

A gear question:
I follow your tone search since '90ies (I still have my first 3 TT records original in vinyl Wink.
I use a pretty simple setup: my suhr pro s2 -> boss cs3, vox wah, exotic rc, xotic ac+, arion chorus -> then the se70 for digital delay and reverb -> then I go into my Fender '65 reissue twin reverb.
I don't use pre-amp distortion, but only the ac+ when I seldom play with a dirty tone (I assume the preamp tubes still not-saturate when I engage the OD pedal).

As learned from you, I don't want the ADC of the boss se70 to suck my tone, however the Twin doesn't have fx loop (and say I don't want to change or mod the amp).
I read all your posts about this subject and I'm trying to use the same concept although I'm playing the fx in front of the amp.
Therefore I use a small mixer (it is dedicated to guitar fx blend). I can mix the dry signal out of the last pedal and the SE70 (which is full wet), and then run the output of the mixer directly in front of the amp, using the lower impedance input (600Kohm).

The tone I get sounds good to me… this should be enough. Still I wonder if I'm doing something dumb using the mixer in front of the amp or if I'm making even worse using a too high signal level (out of the mixer) for the tube amp input (supposed to receive instrument level).
I'm searching around for a even better mixer that has a output level control (i.e. the wetbox from thegigrig)…. but still I would like your expert opinion if I'm doing something totally non-sense.
Thanks a lot for these decads of music, teaching and guitar tone vision! Still my hero!

Fab
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: