Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Amazon reviewer seems to be kind of a jerk
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Amazon reviewer seems to be kind of a jerk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Amazon reviewer seems to be kind of a jerk Reply with quote

Just saw this 3 star review of HBC on Amazon:

OK stuff, By LW

Well played and executed, but mostly covers?
These guys are seasoned and could contribute some originals.
Herbie Hancock does not really work for me in this guitar trio format either,
the whole set lacks a little heart and soul imo.

This totally pissed me off, so I wrote a reply:

"I don't normally reply to reviews, but this one is so ridiculously off the mark that I have to voice my opinion. First of all, to say that someones' work lacks heart and soul is the most rude and offensive thing you could possibly say. We put 100% of our heart and soul into this project, and that's an understatement. We have a huge amount of respect for the artists who's music we covered on this record, and worked harder on it than we do on our own music. My nine year old daughter and I spent six hours on the vocals for The Orphan, one of my favorite Joe Zawinul compositions. If you don't like our playing, fine, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but to say our album lacks heart and soul is to go into an area which you obviously know nothing about. I dare you to listen again to Wayward Son Of Devil Boy and say there's no heart and soul there. You would do yourself a favor as a credible reviewer to offer us an apology.

About the covers, apparently you don't realize how busy we are. Jeff and I have enough trouble finding time to write for our own bands, so it was either do covers in this group or not work together at all. It's incredibly fun for us to get away from our own music and play some of the songs which have inspired us through the years, and audiences around the world seem to enjoy it as well.

I've read some of your other reviews and you don't seem to be a mean spirited person, even when you don't like something. Why go there with us?"

Anyone in agreement with me can leave Mr. LW further comments here, but no name calling or Amazon will remove it.

http://www.amazon.com/HBC-Scott-Henderson/product-reviews/B00936A2SM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

And speaking of heart and soul, maybe I'm too much like this chick??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5udb-BDAQ&sns=fb
dmtrio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said....for me the HBC album is incredible...and bleeding all over it.

I travelled for 5 hours from Vienna to Munich to come see the gig....which was even BETTER!! it was kinda funny there was some chick in the beginning complaining about the volume being too loud....seemed to get louder as the gig went on....well....the guitar did haha.

Definitely 'heeeaart and soul'.

Wink
fusion58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many armchair quarterbacks and Internet critics out there these days.

I wouldn't even dignify this half-wit's tripe with a response.
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like "LW" removed his review. Did he get a visit from Larry the lawyer or fear Kinsey's wrath?
Matt Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So funny!

Laughing

I can't believe I just now got hip to this record.

This record KILLS. Few weeks ago on a dog walk, I had some TT, Well to the Bone, and X on rotation on the iphone. Total stranger (very hot woman) started asking me what I was listening to.

So here's me going into minute detail about improvisational jazz.

Thats pretty much the end of the story though. . Embarassed

Oh well, I still have the music even though I'm a nerd around hot girls.

I'm glad you defended this record. Someone has to start standing up to these idiots who sit behind computers and demoralize artists.

Now back to Giant Steps! Confused
Dawson839

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is your opinion and might be you have the bad experience regarding this. You can visit custom essay writing and read about the reviews because they are doing best right there.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given such a fair chance, let me warmly thank you Scott for THAT album.
One of the best IMO throughout your whole discography.
So many ideas to borrow when listening to complex tunes like Actual Proof (my #1) or D Flat Waltz... so many brilliant inventions along the whole record path!!
Not mentioning the amazing different tones you were able to sort out...
Thanks a lot Scott.
I really dig the way you, Jeff and Dennis contributed to someone else music, making your own world out of it.

Fabio
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply LOVE this album. And I'm pretty sure that the touring was awesome and fun as well, based on the few snippets I watched on YT, like 'Come Together' (I will never listen to that tune again as I did after Macca said this week that he and John jerked off together... cumming... maybe, together? Too much information; not what I wished or expected for a The Beatles Real Book).
Thanasis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alessandro! Where have you been man? Missed your Mundial posts! Read this today. That is a bit too much to handle. It's never gonna be the same, now it has an unfortunate visual stuck to it.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0UxhYpTsPs
And tell me it isn’t a masterpiece of interplay, reinvention and musical freshness.
Amazon reviewers suck!
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanasis wrote:
Alessandro! Where have you been man? Missed your Mundial posts! Read this today. That is a bit too much to handle. It's never gonna be the same, now it has an unfortunate visual stuck to it.

I've quit facebook,at least, for a while; need to study as hell. But it's been pretty nice to be off-social media, at least in Brazil, where the political scene and it's reflexions are terrible for the moment (worlwide, in fact). Reach me on whatsapp, I'll send my number via PM.

In time, my best wishes for you, Dizzy and everyone Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: