Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - About your chord system book
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

About your chord system book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vizzhang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: About your chord system book Reply with quote

Hi Scott!

Thanks for your time for reading this. I been practicing your jazz chord book for a week, I got the main concept but there's some really crazy fingering on page 12&13, how do you play those chords?
And here's another question, I have seen a few of your gigs, how do you count "one" during the drum solo?
I have these questions for a long time,really hope you can help me out
Smile Smile Smile
Thank you
Viz Zhang
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the voicings in the book are hard to play for me as well. So the answer to your question is "with great difficulty".

Finding one in a drum solo is also difficult, especially if it's Dennis Chambers! I just tap my foot and hope that my one is the same as his. Sometimes Jeff Berlin and I watch each others' foot so we can stay together even if Dennis looses us, which he often does…

I don't worry about it that much - there's no way I'm going to be able to understand the incredibly complex rhythmic vocabularies of some drummers.
Therefore I've tried my best to develop good time within myself so I can tap my foot and be correct in where I am in the beat, no matter what's going on around me. It's not always easy, but that's the intention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: