Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Studio Practincing
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Studio Practincing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Studio Practincing Reply with quote

Hi Scott, thanks for answering our questions, it does set you a part from others musicians what a great guy you are.... I saw you in Boston a few months ago when I will see you again?

Just a question I know you use the Korg PX5D to practice on the road but how about in your studio you still use the PX5D when you practice or work on stuff? If yes what is your connection like Guitar>PX5D>Computer? How about modulation do you use plug-ins or external machines like the SE70?

Thanks again
Sandro
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sandro, probably the next US gig will be at the Iridium in NCY, but I don't have anything booked at this time.

I plug the output of the PX5D into the line input of my BAE 1073 mic pre, which goes into the audio interface/computer. The mic pre has a line in button - I can switch between the PX5D and the mic without having to unplug stuff.

On the road I use the PX5D effects, but at home I use EchoBoy and Lexicon reverb plug-ins.
Sandro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scott for your replay to me, I looked into the BAE 1073 MP and is quite an expansive piece of equipment, I was wondering if you can suggest a more affordable substitute to the 1073 MP.

Again thank you for your time.

Sandro
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't know what's out there in a lower price range. $1150 is a reasonable price for such a good mic pre. Maybe you can find a used one, because the mic pre is an important part of the tone!
Sandro

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... I was wondering if you can share some setting you use with the Korg PX5D, I got the one on the Round 2.10 but maybe you have others, I sould receve my PX5D in a week or so can't wait....

Thank you again for your time.....

Sandro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: