Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Suhr SH100 or DSL100?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Suhr SH100 or DSL100?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Suhr SH100 or DSL100? Reply with quote

Hey Scott, 1st of all thanks for the long explanation on the reason behind the change of Tribal Tech. It really opened my mind to better myself as a musician and stuff to watch out for. I mean as much as i love your tone and licks ive still gotta let Alex come out and play whatever he plays. Its cool of you to go to great lengths to explain that in of itself shows u do care for us guys on a more personal level than whats in our wallet (unlike many artists out there that pretty much lets their manager 'package' an answer and feed the fans vague polished answers...hate that)....cheers Scott! Smile
Either ways, u still got my support all the way...good luck w your new TT!

K, tech question....i know you and a lot others like the DSL100. I was thinking of an upgrade to the Suhr SH100 though. What are the main differences in your opinion? Is that a redundant upgrade?

I dont hv access to try the SH100 so i would love an insight from you...do you prefer the SH100 over DSL100 and why?

Thx Scott.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I've been pretty open on this message board about the more intimate aspects of being a musician, and I don't mind sharing that stuff if I feel it'll help people. At least up to a point - there were also personal reasons for the lineup change, but airing that out in public isn't going to help anyone.

The SH-100 definitely sounds better than the DSL100. It has a sweeter high end, a tighter, more musical bass response, and a smoother distortion. There are many reasons for that - the SH-100 is hand wired, the signal isn't split into multiple channels, the design is much improved from Marshall, and the components are higher quality. That being said, the SH-100 is twice as expensive, and to be honest, I just did a tour with rented DSL100's and I had no problem getting my sound - friends in the audience said the tone was great. I'll hear a difference for sure when I go back to the SH-100, because it's simply a better sounding amp, so I guess the decision comes down to how much more you want to spend for a sweeter tone.
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that settles it im goin for the SH100 Smile. Thx again for sharing with us the necessary explanation behind TT member change and im sure i can speak for everyone when i say we really appreciate it!

Will contact you very soon for lessons...or videos Smile

Take care Scott!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: