Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Enough about guitar and tone, how's your dog training?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Enough about guitar and tone, how's your dog training?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopDog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Enough about guitar and tone, how's your dog training? Reply with quote

I've been a reader here for years and enjoy the back and forth dialog, thanks Scott for all the info.

I know you're a dog lover and owner, with that I'm sure you've got serious dog training chops. Am I right? As a fellow dog lover, and a new puppy owner, any dog training tips you'd care to share?

Lastly can you book a show at the baked potato the weekend of Oct 4th, when I'll be in LA? The Baked Potato is so much hipper than the Iridium in NYC.

Thanks.....
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best dog trainer, but I have my moments. I took my dogs to school at PetSmart - they had both beginning and intermediate classes. There were about five other people with their dogs in the class so it was fun, and I learned a lot. It's all treat oriented training with a clicker, so they recognize a sound and associate it with being good and getting a treat. My dogs can sit, shake, roll over, lie down, and all that stuff, but the most important is the wait command - they sit and don't move until they hear the word OK. We use that every night while I'm hooking them up for their walk.

Just because they're trained doesn't mean they don't have their dog moments. I found Buster the other day with all fours on the dinner table eating my lunch, and he likes to dig massive holes in the yard. A jogger came up behind us on a walk and Ruby bit him on the ankle. So we still have some work to do.

I'm on tour in October, so no Baked Potato - sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: