Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Combo amp question...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Combo amp question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Combo amp question... Reply with quote

Hey Scott:

In a recent response you said you are still using a "deluxe" amp. Is that the Hot Rod Deluxe Fender amp? In your past responses memory tells me you only use the clean channel on the HRD (Hot Rod Deluxe) with a speaker replacement to a Heritage 65. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Since you only use the clean channel, have you ever played through one of the Fender Deluxe Reissues? If so, what did you think of that amp? I've got a friend willing to part with his Deluxe so I may use that amp with some pedals in front but I also really dug the Egnater's Renegade amp I played through a while back. I think their "tube mix" idea is just FANTASTIC! The ability to use 6L6's on the clean channel and EL34's on the overdrive channel is awesome, PLUS, one could mix the tube ratio on each channel as well...

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to respond to our questions. Any plans to pass near Chicago again anytime soon? Perhaps this time you won't have vehicle problems this time? Although, that delay allowed me to help bring in some equipment so that if anyone ever tells me I'm not good enough to even CARRY your amp, I can disagree honestly. Wink

All the best, I hope your family (including the dogs) are happy and healthy,
Chris
countandduke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well after searching the website here for a while, I found you answered this already so I apologize for the redundant question. For those that are curious, here was Scott's reply. Scott, please correct me if things have changed.

Sorry I haven't heard the 65 reissue - it's kind of pricey for an amp that small. You could compare the two amps at a store, but they have different speakers, so you'd have to A/B them with the same external cab to get an accurate comparison. I never considered the reissue because it has no FX loop - I don't like spring reverb or delay pedals before the preamp. I can use the same FX setup with my HRD that I do with my Suhr head, and it's a great sounding amp if you put a good speaker in it. I put a Celestion Heritage 65 in mine.

Best,
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: