Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Canine clean sound
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Canine clean sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gianluigi Rossi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Canine clean sound Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
i saw this video from your channel many times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MalGhK5c7p4

I really love your solo and your clean sound. I can see a Marshall head in the video, do you remember if the clean sound is coming from the Marshall? Is that the Marshall 30th anniversary? Do you think the Marshall DSL is better than 30th anniversary for clean and lead sounds?

If you wanted to get that modern jazz clean sound today what amp would you use? Do you think you can get this sound with single coil too?
Thanks a lot
Gianluigi
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't using pedals back then, so the sound is directly from the amp. The DSL is a better amp than the 30th Anniversary - those were cheaply made and broke all the time, and they sound thinner than the DSL.

If you like that tone. part of it comes from the humbucking pickups, so single coils won't sound the same.

My favorite amp for everything is my Suhr SH-100, which is basically a clone of a '71 Marshall, but with an added master volume. The DSL doesn't sound as good as that amp, but it's what I rent when I can't bring my own amp, and it's my favorite Marshall for sure.
Gianluigi Rossi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lot for your answer. I also noticed that underneath the Marshall there is a very big rack Smile could it be possible (sorry, i know it was many years ago) that you were using a preamp for clean sound in this case and the Marshall as a power amp only?

I ask you this because i remember when i saw the first Tribal Tech concert in Rome in 1993 you used a Lee Jackson preamp in a big rack and 2 Marshall heads as power amp. By the way that concert was stellar!
Thanks again
Gianluigi
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it both ways - using the Lee Jackson preamp and the Marshalls for power, and using the pre of one of the Marshalls. The Lee Jackson had a warmer tone but not much bass as I remember. Sorry, I have no idea which setup I used on the Canine clip.
Gianluigi Rossi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: