Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - new album
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

new album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: new album Reply with quote

Hey Scott
Just curious how the new album is coming. Have you finished tracking?
Thanks
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 6 tunes finished - 3 to go and then we mix! I'm hoping to be done before we go on the road in March. I'm really happy with the tones on this record, more than any previous one. Recording at 96k is a huge improvement and it makes Tribal Tech X and HBC sound pretty small in comparison. Kinsey recorded those records at 44.1 because his mastering software does a poor job of dithering from a higher sample rate down to 44.1. In hindsight, we should have recorded at 96 and brought the records to a real mastering guy. I won't make that mistake again.

As far as the music, there are lots of guitar tracks, but the main one is what you'd hear us play on stage, and the record has a very live and organic vibe. Travis and Alan did such a great job - I'm lucky to have such a killing rhythm section! This is the first time I've written for guitar trio without the help of vocals or another instrument, so it was challenging but fun. I hope I've found a style of playing the melody and harmony together which sounds modern and not too traditional. The RC Booster is such a great pedal for solos and it cleans up beautifully when turning down for chords - I used it a lot on the record, along with many distortion and weird psycho pedals.

Tomorrow I'm starting on the hardest tune - difficult to play parts and lots of chord changes.
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Scott.
I can't wait to hear it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: