Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie Govan and Youtube
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Guthrie Govan and Youtube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhysgilchrist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Guthrie Govan and Youtube Reply with quote

Hey! Really love your music man, brilliant stuff.
I'm writing an essay in college just now and was wondering if you'd answer a couple of questions for me!

1- Have you heard of the guitarist Guthrie Govan?- what do you think of him?

2- what do you think of YouTube- good or bad in terms of a platform for young musicians to showcase their talent?

Cheers!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie is a great player, one of the best in that category of playing. That being said, it's not the kind of music I listen to very much, because I like music with less notes. I'm more about phrasing and tone than speed. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate Guthrie and players like him for their amazing abilities.

I have a love/ hate relationship with YouTube. For players who aren't known, it's a great way to get your stuff heard. For touring musicians like me, I don't like people recording my shows with an iPhone and posting them on YouTube. Usually there's no bass and the sound is badly distorted, and that's not what I want people to hear. Also, like most musicians I'm pretty self critical and don't always like everything I play. If I like the performance and the sound quality, I leave the videos up.
rhysgilchrist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Yeah I get what you mean; I'd be the exact same.
Love the new album by the way, any plans on coming near the UK in the future? Scotland would be good Wink

Cheers,

Rhys.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm coming to Europe in October, so I hope we'll have some gigs in the UK.
rhysgilchrist

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Marcus Miller is in Edinburgh-Scotland on October 22nd!

All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: