Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Round Lady P
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Round Lady P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Round Lady P Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
Here I am again for submitting a question I have in mind since quite a long time.
I can't help listening to such a gorgeous tune since months (well, I know my love is a bit out of date, but that's it...). Anytime it happens again (it can still happen once a day at least) - I get slowly hypnotized by that minimalist guitar "spiral", which leads a smoothly amazed listener to the song's end, evolving through kind of a round crescendo....

Please, may you unveil what's behind that magnetic, singing lead tone? Is that the Octavia? Or the Fuzz Factory? Or a combitation of effects?

Well I know that not any single-ingredient recipe may ever work with such an advance style of playing... But is seems that smooth, roundy tube-ish tone depend mostly on a OD / booster stage... If yes, what?

Thank you for unveiling once more one of your tone secrets.

Regards

Fabio
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Lady P I used a Fender Bandmaster amp, and the pedals were an Ibanez Tube Screamer, run through a Roger Meyer Voodoo 1. The Tube Screamer alone sounds a bit thin on the treble pickup - running it through the Voodoo fattens it up.

That was 10 years ago - now I get a much better tone by using just one pedal, the Xotic RC Booster. If I want a more high gain tone, I use either the Maxon SD-9, Klon Centaur, or Fulltone PlimSoul.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Scott.
Happy to see you feel things got ahead in those 10 years.
But as one of your followers let me say I'm in love with that particular singing phrase and tone, which look so damnly warm and at any listening still captivates me...
That is something which stays chiseled in the stone, no matter of time passing by, or if getting clumped by dozens of amazing new tunes / CDs (that it is, and which I love too).
Now, if I'm not wrong, I've lernt that those subtle scooped-mids tone I love (similar to a fixed wha) comes from the Voodoo 1. Good to know.

Good to know also you are using the Klon Centaur, which is a sought after hell of an effect also in my thoughts. Are you using a vintage silver or gold Klon Centaur, or one of the new Bill Finnegans's KTRs?

Thanks again

All the best
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, The Voodoo 1 is a scooped sounding pedal and smooths out the midrange peak of the Tube Screamer.

I have a vintage silver Klon, which cost me 300 bucks brand new and it's a shame to see them selling for so much. I haven't heard Bill Finnegans's KTRs, but I hope they sound exactly the same as the vintage ones so the ridiculous price goes down to something reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: