Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Octafuzz
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Octafuzz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Octafuzz Reply with quote

Hi, Scott.
How are you using your octafuzz? Let's say that your playing a solo with RC booster and then you want to add some octaves - do you turn off the RC and then turn on the fulltone or do you use these two effects combined?
Also have you tried the Electro-Harmonix Micro POG?
Thanks.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't combine pedals, unless I want over-the-top gain. I combine my RC Booster and SD-9 for that. I always use the Fulltone Octafuzz by itself - it has plenty of gain and I don't need to combine it with another pedal.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
This was a question coming up soon after your answer to my inquiry on (gorgeous) Lady P tone.
What about the Octafuzz? I see it always mentioned as a stable item on your pedalboard, but it seems you do not talk about it often and / or estensively.
Would you be so kind to unveil in which solo I can hear the Octafuzz cranking your tone?

Many thanks in advance
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the Well To The Bone album - I used the Octafuzz on Rituals, on the solo which starts at 4:00. If you have the new album Vibe Station, I used it on Sphinx, on the solo which starts at 3:47.

As you can hear, it's not a normal distortion pedal, but way more freaky sounding. I only use it a few times in our live show, and usually not more than once on an album.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks Scott.
Now I understand where that special tone, somehow cracked in the low bottom, comes from. I expected you obtain it with the Fuzz Factory.

Thanks again

Ps
Of course I have well to the bone, and it was my preferred album in your solo production since the issue of vibe station, bought the very first day it has been made available on itunes. My preferred albums ever

Fabio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: