Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Crazy idea
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Crazy idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Crazy idea Reply with quote

Hey Scott! I used to live in LA and when you and da boyz would play La Ve Lee, I think I probably came and saw you ummmmm.....45 times?

That was so cool, drive up the gig 5 minutes before the start time, park 50 feet away from the front door, grab a seat 10 feet from the stage. It killed me that so few people came to that gig, it was certainly the easiest venue in LA to deal with, though I know you probably walked out with not much in terms of $$.

So here's a silly idea for you: How about making a record with Jimmy Page, half Well to the Bone or Tore Down House tunes, half his/your favorite Zep tunes.

That would be hilarious.

OK, I'll scoot now.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss La Ve Lee - it was a cool place to play, and I could play much more often in town because it wasn't expensive to get in.

I don't think Jimmy Page has ever heard of me.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Have you ever thought about to something like that? Reply with quote

I am thinking like perhaps the band Glenn Hughes had with Joe Bonamassa or have you ever approached to do a rock gig like Morse in Purple.. Do you think you would get bored doing that for an extended period of time? To me there is a such thing as having it both ways, what I mean is a nice paying gig coupled with playing with integrity, because in your case, you consider yourself more of a blues/rock guy. I would never expect that to be satisfactory as your only creative outlet but I could also see it not being totally out of the question either
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's out of the question, seeing that Landau has a great gig with James Taylor, and gets to play a lot. I'd do the Steely Dan gig if they asked, because I like the tunes. But there really isn't much out there I think I'd really enjoy enough to do for a long amount of time - for me, my trio is the most fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: