Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Bogner Amps
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Bogner Amps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Bogner Amps Reply with quote

I live in the north of Sweden and there are not a lot of dealers providing us with fat amps to try out. Since I´m +50 (age) I´ve become a little bit more interested in better sound. I´ve recently bought myself a Bogner Alchemist top, (cheap China-made model) but from what I know they are made completely as the more expensive "originals" in order to be called Bogner. Do you have any idea about these amps. Please tell me whats your opinion.

Great forum by the way! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I haven't played through a Bogner amp in many years. There's no doubt that he knows what he's doing and makes quality amps, but I don't know the differences between the American and Chinese versions. The only thing I don't like about some of his amps - there are too many switches on them in my opinion. I've always believed that the simpler the circuit, the better the tone. Not all of his amps have such complex designs, but some of them do.
Birger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Bogner reply Reply with quote

Yes, there are some midswithes and different gain-modes and I also think that for the most times its just one mode that works well, if there are switches you have to decide which one to use and skip the rest. I´ve had a mesa boogie triaxis pre-amp (connected to a 50+50 mesa top) about 10 years ago from which I after several weeks of trying out all possible parameter came to the conclusion that it had only one chrunch dist that worked (for 1300 euro), so I solded it quickly and bought myself a cheap crunch pedal instead (T-Rex) that sounded better. This must be the worst pre-amp ever made at that price (2500 euro new).My amp was modded by a known amp-fixer in sweden, he had done some adjusting inside the chassi, and maybee he made it worse. It feels good reading about your ideas around equipment, since it straighten out many issues. Thanks again for your response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: