Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - what can you tell us about this?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

what can you tell us about this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randomguitarist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: what can you tell us about this? Reply with quote

hi scott, i only recently discovered your playing but im so very grateful that i did! i was just wondering if there was anything you could tell us about your completely out of this world solo that you did back in 86, anything that influenced the solo musically or any other random facts about that performance would be greatly appreciated as i found this piece of music particularly moving and awe-inspiring for reasons i have yet to comprehend.

P.s i think its fucking awesome that you have replied to almost every single question on this forum, it really does mean the world to all of us that you have enlightened and inspired through your playing

oh yeah here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWjGhZt4Dsk
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but honestly that was a long time ago and I don't remember anything about it. The song is "Got A Match?" by Chick Corea and it's basically a minor blues. Personally I'm not a fan of the music he was writing during that period, but i like some of his past recordings, especially before he started playing synths, which are definitely not his thing. He's a pianist - and one of the best.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave moment from that era are those white pants with the zipper pocket and having to fake Carlos Rios lines in that Electric City video.. bahahahahah
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TaeKwonDonut"]My fave moment from that era are those white pants with the zipper pocket and having to fake Carlos Rios lines in that Electric City video.. bahahahahah[/quote]

Scott, I just watched that video. That's creepy when Chick Corea and you are in the hallway trading licks. Chick Corea is looking at you and mouthing his notes. You could have almost filed a harassment lawsuit.😂
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dizzy wrote:
TaeKwonDonut wrote:
My fave moment from that era are those white pants with the zipper pocket and having to fake Carlos Rios lines in that Electric City video.. bahahahahah

Scott, I just watched that video. That's creepy when Chick Corea and you are in the hallway trading licks. Chick Corea is looking at you and mouthing his notes. You could have almost filed a harassment lawsuit.😂

He's thinking... man what happened to those voicings from that Cal Tjader record..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: