Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Future Projects
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Future Projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Future Projects Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Before I get to my question, I would like to say that I saw you at Alvas in May (thanks for the autographed CD, chat, and for allowing me to help you pack your gear—dig the jazz-rock star Caravan) and The Spud week ago Friday. You guys sounded great at both spots (although at times you were too loud). Your daughter was at The Spud performance. What does she think of your music (or was she there just to support Dad?)? Does she want to form a new version of Tribal Tech and replace Kinsey or stick to CD sales and promotion?

With Tribal Tech disbanded and HBC on hiatus (or maybe separated as well), fans would like to hear new projects from you (since, understandably, writing for your solo albums takes a long time). I know that you would love to play with Shorter but his focus is more on acoustic jazz. What other opportunities are you pursuing or open to?

Thanks and happy holidays to you and your family.

Pete

PS If I’m not mistaken, you’re GoT fan. Should this be the new GoT theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNAGkcC-NAM
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela is just supporting Dad. Her mom told me she was asleep after the second tune.

Right now the phone isn't ringing, so all I have going on is practicing and writing for the next album, and this time I hope it won't take as long before we're ready to record.

I'd be willing to do another HBC record, but only if a label is involved (see the Footprints thread below). However the chances of a label throwing any money our way have decreased by 90% since the last HBC record.

I loved the GoT video - she rocks!
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s say HBC doesn’t happen in the short-term or at all (Jeff is busy working on his next album and Dennis is busy touring with others), what about HBW (with label involvement)? I recently heard Wills' "Larger Than Life" album (and previously his "Retro" album) and Willis and Borlai sound fantastic together. I would enthusiastically pay to hear the three of you tear it up. Two jazz-rock stars and an up-and-comer…

Also, you were recording at Alvas. Is that for an official release?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that's never gonna happen, though they're both great players. I'm concentrating on writing for my own band, and don't have the desire to put out cookie cutter records where the writing is done in a half-ass fashion just to have another record out there. I'd rather play covers than do that, but then there's the publishing issue. The only thing I'd be willing to put my writing on hold for is another HBC record, but only if a label pays for it.

That was Xotic recording the gig for some demo clips of the RC Booster. I was beyond disappointed with my playing that night - if I know I'm being taped, it's a given that I'm gonna play like shit. All we need are two or three 10 second clips, so I really hope we can find something useable from that mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: