Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Practicality & Guitar Rig
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Practicality & Guitar Rig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojolang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Practicality & Guitar Rig Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Hope all is well. I wanted to ask you about practicality and gigging. Last I heard you were back to using the OD-100 live for your last U.S. tour...

Considering how big/heavy it is, I'm wondering if you've ever considered some other configurations:

-Suhr Corso into the PA and using monitors

-Suhr badger, combination stage and mic'ed with PA

-Suhr Bella with effects

-Laptop/Ableton/Logic for effects (Matt Garrison and Kinsey obviously love this program and swear by it for anything but distortions/amp overdrive)

On that note, I'm wondering if you have any opinion of the Bella versus the Fender Deluxe you use.

Living in NYC, I rarely ever see anyone (Krantz, Guarna, Rosenwinkel, Oz Noy, James Muller) using an amp that powerful...playing tiny clubs and the transport situation makes it damn hard. Just wanted to know you'd ever considered going a little smaller to make life easier Smile

Additionally, have you ever heard Jeff Kollman's Kollmanation pedal? I recently got one and A/B'd it against the SD9. SD was a little warmer, and plays a little better with the RC, but the Kollmanation has a little more versatility and string definition for high gain chords. Pretty cool little thing.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the size doesn't matter (ha ha) since our road crew does the lifting, except when I play in town and people are always willing to help me, thank goodness. The Corso is too soft for a gig, the Bella is still a little too soft for playing with Alan & Travis, so I really do need a 100 watt head - I need the headroom for chords.

The Bella and the Deluxe are about the same volume, and I'd say it's a matter of personal taste as to which one is better. The Bella is fatter sounding for sure, but has a lot more bass than the Deluxe, so I guess the only way to know is to try them next to each other somewhere. I like the Bella more than the Deluxe for recording, but I like the Deluxe better when playing at low volumes - it's less fizzy than the Bella when playing very soft, like with an acoustic bass.

I've never heard Jeff's pedal - I'll try it if they have one at True Tone - thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: