Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Tremolo Setup
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Tremolo Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Tremolo Setup Reply with quote

Just watched you on Tim & Pete's show and it was great fun, would've been cool to see Bruce on there too. You guys are an entertaining duo lol.

I do have a question about the trem setup you demonstrated though. When you divebombed and the G goes sharp, you fix it by pulling up on the trem all the way up. On my Strat Plus I have the trem setup to go up a whole step on the G, when I divebomb (which is not often, usually the end of a song) my low E is always way sharp, and pulling up doesn't fix it... The guitar never goes out of tune normally, and It has a LSR roller nut and a fender two-point bridge. Is my problem to do with this, or the balance of the spring to string tension?

Thanks for your help Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help but without checking it out in person I'd just be guessing. My low E goes sharp too, but pulling up on the bar fixes it. It could be that my bridge is set to go up two whole steps on the G string instead of one - that's quite a big difference. Try setting it up that way and see if it helps. Good luck - strat bridges are a pain in the ass!
Hawx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it must be something to do with the string getting caught in the block, I'll keep messing with it. Thanks anyway
HenryJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on YouTube videos of luthiers demonstrating that pulling up a step and a half on the G is where you want it. that way it stays in tune w a pull up as Scott was saying. haven't heard of a whole step on the G it seems like its always step and a half and it stays in tune consistently. I think Guthrie Govan was saying the same. he has old school style trem like Scotts...
Red Suede

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Carl Verheyen setup. Works very well....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: