Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Keyboards NO............Horns?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Keyboards NO............Horns?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muddytrane

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Keyboards NO............Horns? Reply with quote

Scott,

You have said you love playing/writing in the trio format and absolutely no more keyboard players (which I fully understand!) Have you given any thought or is there any possibility of playing/writing with either a horn player or horn section in mind in the future? You mentioned how you love transcribing horn players and as I am a huge Coltrane fan, I know many guitarists get inspiration/ideas from horn players. Since you now are in a trio format and playing a lot of blues, any chances of being compared to Weather Report (with Wayne Shorter) wouldn't happen now I would think as it did in Tribal Tech. What are your thoughts. Thanks.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides playing trio, some of the most fun gigs I've ever done were with saxophonist Steve Tavaglione, with Jimmy Earl on bass and Gary Novak on drums. We used to play at least twice a month at La Ve Lee in LA. Steve and I had a great chemistry, and he has perfect pitch, so he could easily follow any harmony I created while jamming.

Unfortunately I can't afford a 4th person on tour, otherwise I'd definitely consider hiring a great horn player. Maybe it's for the best, because playing instrumental trio music is very challenging and I love what I'm doing now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: