Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Ritchie Blackmore Tone
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Ritchie Blackmore Tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandro

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Ritchie Blackmore Tone Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I was listen to Deep Purple album Burn and I was totally blown away by the ability of Blackmore of drastically change is tone to best suite the tune, and he dose this through out the all album. He just didn't have his tone signature, at list on this album, but he research and develop a tone specific for that particular song. I know you love his tone and playing and I would like to hear a comment from you about this.

Here is the link for a quick listen (I know when you start is difficult to stop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQbKXfbMbA

Thanks for spending you time with all of us.

Sandro[/url]
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a completely different tone on Burn than on In Rock or Machine Head, mainly because of the microphone. Burn sounds more like his live tone, maybe a bit darker than on Made In Europe because live albums are generally bright. I'm sure he was using a 57 on Burn, and some kind of extremely dark condenser mic on In Rock and Machine Head, probably a Nuemann 47 or 67. That became his signature sound. Even though the high end is different on all those records, tone is in the fingers and he had it dialed in, from his touch to the way he set his amps. Like Jimmy Page, he knew how to vary his tone to fit the song. What a bad-ass!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: