Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - US Tour Dates
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

US Tour Dates
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribalfusion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Thomas wrote:
I was talking about that kind of cruise : http://www.croisiere-club.com/blog/croisiere-age-tendre-et-tete-de-bois-2014/

Kevin (I used to live in France by the way), the prog cruise is nothing at all like that sort of cruise you mention.

There are also very dedicated metal and jazz cruises too and they are really for music fanatics and are not typical cruises at all. People from all over the world come on these.

There's a jazz cruise with Mike Stern, Randy Brecker and Dennis Chambers for example: https://www.thejazzcruise.com/

I think it's interesting that Scott is on the prog cruise though as I have long thought that more prog fans should be into Scott (as some of them are into Holdsworth, for example, who of course also played with key people in the genre like Bruford, Soft Machine and Gong).
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the cruise, other than I'm going. About being invited on a prog rock cruise as opposed to a jazz cruise - that's not surprising. I don't play as many jazz festivals as I'd like to because when promoters hear my tone, they think Jimi more than Wes. I get it, because I definitely use a rock tone which could turn off the purists. That being said, I'm well respected by George Benson, Bruce Forman, Larry Koonse, Joe Pisano, and many other hollow body players who appreciate the notes and don't mind that the tone isn't traditional. It's too bad that many promoters of jazz events don't have the balls to take a chance on something different.
muddytrane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of hollow body players I see that Steve Howe will be a part of the cruise. Have you ever met him? If you haven't, are you looking forward to meeting him or maybe any of the other players on the cruise and talking shop?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to meet Steve Howe - he and Yes were a big influence on me. I was just playing Close To The Edge for my daughter the other day - she loved it!
muddytrane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your daughter has great taste! Close To The Edge is probably not only my favorite Yes album but song also. I hope you get the chance to meet Steve because he is one of those unique prog rock players that can play most everything. I have stuff of his playing jazz and he is fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: