Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Gig In Atlanta Next Week
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Gig In Atlanta Next Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Gig In Atlanta Next Week Reply with quote

I'm playing on June 24 & 25 at The Velvet Note in Atlanta. The lineup is Scott Glazer on bass, Jack Jones on drums, and Nick Rosen on keyboards. We'll be playing standards, funk tunes and maybe some of my music. I haven't played in Atlanta in a long time so I'm really looking forward to it. Hope everyone in the area can make it out!
jbear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was reading that wrong!
My wife and I will be there. We saw your last gig at the Red Light Cafe.
muddytrane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

With all the talk and stories you have been telling about touring, bad venues, low pay, etc. I think I came up with a great idea for you. Why don't you do a whole tour of the States (so we can all see you again!) like Chuck Berry used to. As with the Atlanta dates with players from there (BTW everyone in Atlanta make sure to go check out Scott!) you can just travel from city to city by yourself and use a pickup band in each city. Pull up in your rented (he owned his!) Cadillac right before the show, go straight to the promoters office and pick up your pay IN CASH before you even unpack your guitar. Once paid, unpack your guitar, walk on stage, play the show, throw money to the band as your walking out the door and move on to the next gig. Chuck did this for years and it made it easy to make the most money possible and not have to deal with paying a regular band and deal with any "middle men" dipping into the funds. You can call it the "college fund" tour for your daughter's education!
sieuminh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely idea, and there'll be a comedy film to be made out of it!

muddytrane wrote:
Hey Scott,

With all the talk and stories you have been telling about touring, bad venues, low pay, etc. I think I came up with a great idea for you. Why don't you do a whole tour of the States (so we can all see you again!) like Chuck Berry used to. As with the Atlanta dates with players from there (BTW everyone in Atlanta make sure to go check out Scott!) you can just travel from city to city by yourself and use a pickup band in each city. Pull up in your rented (he owned his!) Cadillac right before the show, go straight to the promoters office and pick up your pay IN CASH before you even unpack your guitar. Once paid, unpack your guitar, walk on stage, play the show, throw money to the band as your walking out the door and move on to the next gig. Chuck did this for years and it made it easy to make the most money possible and not have to deal with paying a regular band and deal with any "middle men" dipping into the funds. You can call it the "college fund" tour for your daughter's education!
jbear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,
Thank you for a such a fantastic show here in Alpharetta! Great vibe, great energy, great supporting local guys-swinging their asses off with you! We had the best time and for me...it was like a clinic.
I think I have the coolest wife in the universe. When you argue with your wife on the way home about which of you is more excited about meeting your guitar hero...you have a cool wife!
The last time you were at the Red Light, I didn't come over to say hi and to thank you for your inspiration...very glad I did this time! As a biology teacher, the highest complement that I receive is when some kid says that I inspired them to want to become a scientist. I know how that makes me feel, so from one teacher to another...you are perhaps the most inspirational influence to me as a musician. There are others, but holistically...it's you.
I will continue to play your music for my students (cuz they dig it)...and to clear my room of "groan-ups" after meetings (cuz they don't...right now you are tied with Holdsworth for fastest "room clear rate").
Thank you again for signing Vibe Station for us...Shanny gives it five tail wags Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jbear, it was a fun gig and I enjoyed playing there very much. The acoustics at The Velvet Note are awesome, and it was a pleasure to play with such great musicians. Hope to do it again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: