Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Thank you Scott...!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Thank you Scott...!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Thank you Scott...! Reply with quote

Scott, I was introduced to you from one of my first "Good" guitar instructors and it was via your instructional video. Truth be told, I had not heard of you before then but I was introduced to Shawn Lane, Holdsworth, Joe Pass, etc...the same way. "He REALLY had sex with his girlfriend!!!" Anyways.....

I want to publicly thank you for opening up and giving us, your fans, insight into your life and your recordings, as NON-Perfect as they are. I think it would be very foolish to think that musicians ALWAYS get along so to hear your very HONEST recollection of your past is just fantastic in my opinion. I don't want to come off to ass-kissy here but for you to take the time and actually answer questions and topics that your fans have is nothing short of amazing and very admirable.

I think that a lot of times our guitar heroes can seem "un-approachable" but I've actually spoken with Big Al on the phone, I met you in Chicago a couple years ago and you guys are just great. Humans just like the rest of us, just REAL REAL good fuckin guitar players!!!

Thanks Scott...

I wait with baited breath for your next album... When are you mofo's makin it to Chicago!?

Very Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, I like helping people and and I'm just re-paying all the people who've helped me throughout my career. I've been lucky to know great musicians who are totally open and unselfish about sharing valuable information with me, so this message board is the least I can do.

Reggies in Chicago on August 24!
paskiainen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I have funny story from the old times when fax machines were still they way to go communicating over pacific. I was sending a fax order to Frank Gambale to get some of his stuff.

When I was sending the thing what happened is that he actually lifted the phone and started talking. And could never have thought that that would have happened and was totallly surprised. I picked the phone too and told Frank my business.

Very short conversation but my heart sure almost exploded!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: