Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Open Back 4x10 cabs
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Open Back 4x10 cabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Open Back 4x10 cabs Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I remember you mentioning that you did not like closed back 4x10 cabs, but have you played or heard any open back 4x10 cabs worth checking out? 4x12's are too heavy for my back, but 4x10's seem a little more manageable while maintaining a big sound. Just curious about your impressions!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about 4x10 cabs because I've only owned one. It was a Kerry Wright open back with Kendrick Blackframe speakers. I used it on a few songs on the Well To The Bone album, but in stereo - Fender amp with 4x10 on the right, Marshall with 4x12 on the left. On the title cut, I used the 4x10 by itself, and I remember Mike Landau adding about 10db of 100Hz to it during the mix because 10's don't have nearly as much bass as 12's.

The Blackframes sounded a little fizzy, so I tried 10" Greenbacks and didn't like them either. I don't think I ever found a 10" speaker I really liked, so I ended up selling the cabinet.

I did the first VTT album with that cabinet alone, but I had a closed back put on it because I thought it would sound better for recording - that was a huge mistake, and my tone on that record is really bad.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - those are the only 10" speakers I've used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: