Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Dry/wet & Suhr SH Signature...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Dry/wet & Suhr SH Signature...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SurfGreen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Dry/wet & Suhr SH Signature... Reply with quote

Hi Scott!, and many thanks for granting us the wonderful opportunity to interact with you!

I've got three little questions for you, two technical and one... just stupid! (Or maybe stupid all three!!!)

1) About the line signal from the Suhr ISO Box: does this signal require necessarily a low impedance volume pedal, or any type of volume pedal is usable with it?
2) Several times I read that you like to use delay and reverb together; now, I wonder if the Boss SE-70 has a specific algorithm that allows you to have both effects with the direct signal set to 0. In other words: how it is possible to set on 100% wet the delay (which I suppose is connected in series to the reverb) without losing the reverb on the direct signal? Maybe you have the reverb on the delay repeats only? I hope I explained myself, sorry for my poor English...
3) I'm so glad Suhr decided to serialize the production of your Classic Custom! Love it! But... Why the satin headstock? Ok, it's simply an aesthetic detail, I know, but the gloss finished one is beautiful! Why not?

Thanks again, Scott! I can't wait until you come back to play here in Italy. The last time for me, in Rome (at the "Locanda Blues", remember?), what a wonderful concert!

Cheers! Wink

Jules
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a high impedance volume pedal with a low impedance signal, you'll loose a lot of high end and it won't sound good. What you need is something comparable to a Boss FV-500L, or my SVC volume control, which I go into after the line box - it controls the input to my SE-70, and unlike a pedal, it's visible to see the mix of wet and dry.

The SE-70 has a specific algorithm for delay and reverb at the same time, so it's no problem to set it on 100% wet.

My mistake on the Suhr guitar - it's supposed to be gloss finish on the headstock, but for some reason I told them satin. That'll be corrected on their website soon.
SurfGreen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott!
I didn't think you'd answered so soon! Really... wow! Very Happy
So, all clear here! Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: