Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Metropoulos Amps
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Metropoulos Amps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Metropoulos Amps Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I'd like to ask you if you have ever tried a Metropoulos amp and if you liked it or not.
Are they any similar to the old Plexis? I heard Johny Hiland plays with one of em and he said it's pretty good.

Thanks,

Thanasis
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't heard it. There are so many boutique amp companies these days, but I'm not interested in them because I love my Suhr amps - I haven't tried another amp in years except for the Quilter, and that's only because Bruce and Troy wanted my opinion.

In LA we have True Tone music - they carry most of the boutique amps. If you don't have one of those stores in your town, unfortunately the only way to hear an amp is to order it and make sure they have a return policy.

I'm just going to say this and piss a bunch of people off. Most boutique amps suck. They're made by people in their garages who think their amps sound good because they don't have a '71 Marshall or other great vintage amps to compare them to. If you know the amp is being used by a pro player like Johnny Highland, at least that's a step in the right direction and it may be worth ordering to check out. Again, make sure they have a good return policy in case you don't like it.
countandduke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard good things about the Metropoulos amps and many years ago they had a forum with some VERY informed members with an entire section devoted to getting Ed's early Van Halen tones.

I myself have never tried or heard a Metro amp in person but I had a Voidoo Amps 50 watt V-plex that I thought was one of the best amps I've ever played! Had a KILLER master volume and the interior was IMMACULATE! Trace (the owner of Voodoo) is also one of the nicest guys in the business. He's got TONS of top players using his amps.

Best,
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: