Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Goals & Feelings
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Goals & Feelings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErfanAkli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Goals & Feelings Reply with quote

Hello Scott!

I'm a 18 year old Persian guitarist
And is about 8 months I started learning jazz
You're my hero
I'm influenced by you, john scofield ,pat metheny ,sylvain luc ,richard bona and persian culture Smile
I practice all the day , I'm worried about how much can I be successful
I don't know what is wrong with me ...!? I think I'm Not normal
I like to play in the biggest jazz festivals and I don't know my practicing is enough for this or not !
My question: Is my thinking cap wrong ? Had you the same feelings when you were 18 ? Isn't my age too late for my goal?
Thank You for your time and your music , and sorry for my bad english Wink Hope meet you in the future Rolling Eyes
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your age is definitely not too late for your goal. It's jazz, not pop. To be honest, when I was 18 I wasn't thinking so seriously about the future, and even though I wanted to someday be able to make a living playing music, I didn't know if it was possible.

I did practice a lot, but playing in bands as much as I could was equally as important. I was playing five nights a week in clubs, playing mostly Top 40 and classic rock. Transcribing the guitar solos and chords from those songs was really important in my development as a musician.

Persistance is the most important thing - it's nice to be born with natural talent, but I certainly wasn't. I couldn't even tap my foot and play in time as a beginner - I've seen 15 year old students who have perfect rhythm and never had to practice it like I did. My point is, play all the time and make yourself known around your music community - your hard work will pay off.
ErfanAkli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you sir! That was so helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: