Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Keith Jarrett and Michael Brecker
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Keith Jarrett and Michael Brecker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artlover

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Keith Jarrett and Michael Brecker Reply with quote

Hi Scott, in the Holdsworth interview where he mentions you, he also made comparisons between you and Keith Jarrett and Michael Brecker.

I haven't really heard anything by either Keith or Michael, would you be able to recommend some albums by both of them? I know they're huge in the jazz world but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to be much help here but it doesn't matter, because these guys don't have anything that isn't great. In the earlier days, Jarrett played more in time and swung his ass off - then he developed more of a floating style that I guess he's more famous for. You really can't go wrong with any of his records. The only negative thing I'd say is about his solo piano albums - he "sings" along with his playing, but it sounds like a dying squirrel.... I can't stand to listen to it, so I don't.

Brecker didn't release many solo albums, but they're very cool. You've heard him before and you probably just didn't realize it was him, for example on "Maxine" by Donald Fagen. He played on too many records to count. Just go on iTunes and buy one of his solo records - I have them all but I don't know which one I like the most.
Red Suede

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to hear savage and harmonically complex lines live, find Brecker Bros. "Heavy Metal Bebop".....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: