Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Led Zeppelin
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Led Zeppelin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusion58

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Led Zeppelin Reply with quote

Hi Scott:

You've talked about how "Whole Lotta Love" was a pivotal moment in your musical life, and I remember the days when Led Zeppelin II always played on the house system before and in between sets at your La Ve Lee gigs.

I was just curious: what are some of your other favorite LZ records, and how would you rank the band's catalog in order of importance (to you?)

Thanks for any insights,

- Mike
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

II is my all time favorite, but they're all great. I guess Houses Of The Holy is very important to me because I learned most of the songs - I played The Crunge in a top 40 band - interesting to see people trying to dance to it. Over the Hills and Far Away is one of my favorite songs - by anyone. IV is also important to me because of Black Dog, which I learned and played hundreds of times. It's hard to pick between the rest because every album has incredibly strong moments. They're the best rock band ever in my opinion.

I also love that they really opened up the songs on stage - lots of jamming. Most bands of that era were closer to the recordings on stage, but Zep had more of a jazz mentality - they went for it! Great, great musicians.
pbognar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say Dancing Days is one of my favorites. I love all the layered parts. Funky tune too.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is Dazed and confused from the Song Remains the Same version, with the middle bit when they cover If you're going to San Francisco.
Also the solos are incredible on every moment of the song, cause there are quite a few.
I find Jimmy Page one of the hardest to transcribe in the rock genre, so many tricks in his bag and he only has a Les Paul (I mean no tremolos or funky pedals at all).
I dare to say that Scott reminds me of Jimmy Page but in a very subconscious way. The first time I heard Scott it felt as it did with Page when I was a tiny kid. You probably don't care at all, but that happened when I was listening to Meter Maid and I instantly loved it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: