Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Amazon ratings
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Amazon ratings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanasis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Amazon ratings Reply with quote

Hi Scott, just noticed a rating for your dvd which is about 10 years old and it is fucking irritating. From a douche who calls himself the wycked one and claims to be a professional musician. I have reported it many times since I noticed a few months ago but nothing happened.
Sorry for the negative post, but he seems like he's trolling and I just think it's unfair and that it should be removed. Don't know what to do though. He was probably extremely jealous.

Here is the link if you care to take any actions.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/0739045067/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_paging_btm_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but this kind of stuff doesn't bother me in the least. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and he's right in a way - my DVD isn't a lick fest, it just a which scale goes where lesson, along with some helpful phrasing advice. If someone's looking for licks, there are plenty of videos out there which offer that. My DVD is for people who haven't learned the basic improvising tools, and it does a good job of making them easy to learn and understand. That guy probably knows that stuff already and was looking to be wowed by a bunch of lines - my DVD isn't about that.
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the two vids on VHS format and bought the DVD when it was released.

Man, it saved my ass so many times. For me, it totally worth it. And I still take a look at them from time to time; now adding the Jazz-Blues lesson released by My Music Masterclass (and the one about tone).

Scott, you once said on Guitar Wank that you don't have anything else to teach; that all was in these video lessons. Is it true or we may have any news coming from MMMC or somewhere else?
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many stupid, insulting, ill informed critics it sure takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there. People like you and Bruce Forman and so many other great players have to endure so much ignorant criticism because the Internet lets anyone hide their identity with a screen name and say anything they want no matter how little they know.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the support guys! There will always be people who don't like what we put out there - it gives them great joy to take on the role of music critic when often they don't know much about the subject. There was one asshole who gave HBC a one star review on Amazon, only because we played covers. That pissed me off because it's every jazz musician's right to interpret the music of other composers. So I told him to shut the fuck up. Another guy gave it one star because he said I sucked and was boring to listen to - that didn't bother me at all because it's just his opinion and he's entitled to it.

As far as teaching videos, I'm done. There are far better bebop players (like Bruce) who have that whole thing covered. I don't want to put out a "licks" type of video because I think it's cheesy - I'm trying to avoid playing the same licks, not teach them. I could do a lesson on composition, but it would have to include using the music of other composers, which would bring in copyright issues.

I have an MI Online 10 week course, which includes an hour a week live lesson. I think what we've done there is really good and I'm proud of it - it covers a lot of ground between basic and advanced information and it's not that expensive.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about the course and I would have applied if my schedule permitted.
Also very tempted to buy all the non recommended videos of your lessons archive, just because I'm sure they'll be great..
The thing I would like to say to the people who post hateful comments like that is: Okay you fucking idiot show us what YOU'VE got claiming to be a 24/7 professional musician and nobody has heard of you. It is rude and unfair to comment on something that is obviously made with effort and in fact shows more than just a bunch of Michael Angelo Batio show off crap.
Dont know, there should be Internet Police for people like that. Irritating and irrelevant comments? 10month Internet Ban. There should be Internet ids with real names and not mr wykked in that case
Petja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with the internet and social media is that everyone thinks their opinion matters or is important in some ways.

I try to avoid scrolling down when browsing Youtube. Reading public comments or in fact engaging in any kind of discussion in social media is bad. It always goes tits up and in the end I lose faith in humanity.

So in this modern day and age when your whole life should be public I have no friends.

Thank **** I am not famous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: