Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Manic Carpet
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Manic Carpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanasis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Manic Carpet Reply with quote

Hi Scott, hope you are well. Always great to hear or read all the information you share with everyone either here or the mighty podcast that keeps us all amazed and amused while we can't play guitar, doing other shite...
Just wanted to ask, in the Manic Carpet piece, what is that sort of sequenced synth like sound that plays the lines along with the guitar melody? If I can remember well, you didnt use any keyboards in the album. How did you get that sound?
Thanks for your time,

Thanasis
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was hard to do. I used an Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal and captured the whole neck on disc, which is cool because I'll probably use it again. I didn't play those lines, I composed them with midi and then duplicated what I wrote with the frozen audio. I really have way too much time on my hands....
Thanasis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I knew this would be something fairly complex, considering there are no keyboards involved.
Unlike Schweppes, having a lot of time and taste is what really seperates men from boys. An incredible piece, hopefully to be recognised as a timeless fusion standard. It is for me, but I'm not important haha
Anyway, thanks for the answers, hope you have all the time in the world to do whatever is gonna end up in our ears and souls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: