Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Way huge and snoopy
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Way huge and snoopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Way huge and snoopy Reply with quote

Hey Scott

If there is one dog who is pure enough to produce the Jesus stander it is snoopy. Lassie was a good idea but I think we should look to snoopy first.
I think Lassie would be the dog of my people: the Moses stander. Snoopy even has a Christmas special.

But seriously:

I am borrowing a cool pedal. Have you tried the way huge limited edition drive? It seems to be based on an sd9 and I thing Landau had input on it. When you are at NAMM check it out. I haven’t really fully checked it out yet.
As you can see I am in an obsessive pedal trying phase now: I think I am avoiding practicing unlike you who is practicing 10 hours per day.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Charles Shultz was a Christian, and I mean that in a good way. He wasn't one of those asshat evangelicals who try to cram religion into government and down people's throats. God was a personal thing to him. So I guess Snoopy could create an excellent cartoon stander - only problem is that he's copyright protected and no other cartoonist is allowed to draw him, or his poop.

I haven't tried that pedal but I've heard good things about it - I'll probably try it before going into recording mode.
dizzy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott

Did you try the way huge drive yet? I like it but it is pretty bright.

Also: did you enjoy Trump’s prayer breakfast? I found it inspiring:)
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't tried it yet. Before I start overdubbing on the new record I'll visit True Tone and do some serious shopping. I used a lot of tones on Vibe Station - I need some new ones.

I didn't see the Trump prayer breakfast, but I sincerely hope whoever was involved gets hit by lightning so they can all go meet Jesus in person.
dizzy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha! Lightning would be too kind:)

In a country with a separation of church and state how can there be a prayer breakfast? Obviously when they pray they are referring to the judeo-Christian god so that is implicitly excluding all other religions like Islam and African religions and all atheists too.

On another note, I hope your recording is going great. Or did you already record the basics? How did it go?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basics are done and I'm very happy with everything! I even played a few solos worth keeping as they are, and some other ones I can keep and fix. There are a couple solos I don't like at all, but luckily they're over static grooves so interaction isn't in the picture. I'm in the process now of importing everything from the Pro Tools session into DP - tedious work but hopefully I'll be done with all that soon.
dizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s awesome Scott!
All that work playing the tunes on the road paid off.
dizzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott

Curious if you have settled on any cool drive pedals besides your usuals for the new recording.

I am digging my Way Huge drive but it is very close to the sd9.
I am also digging the forza that you recommended. Very warm sweet sounding drive.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the RC Booster more than ever, but I'll use the Klon or the Forza on a few songs, and the SD-9 is still my favorite for the neck pickup. I have a new Berkos Third Stone fuzz that I want to use on something, and tons of weird pedals which I'll definitely use. I do have some new distortion pedals which people gave me on the road - a couple sound really good so I'll have to see if they fit somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: