Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - VINYL!!!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

VINYL!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funksteroo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: VINYL!!! Reply with quote

Hey Scott, I heard you say vinyl may be an option if enough people requested it. Sooooooooo.... Here's my request!! Vibe station would be an amazing lp. Hopefully this starts it off.

Killer show at reggies in Chicago btw.. Damn.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to do it but it's expensive - no idea of what I'd have to charge per disk plus shipping. I'll send an email to Disc Makers.
funksteroo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hear ya.. I'd love to hear It through my knight stereo tube amp. EL34's!!! I bought Mikey landaus organic instrumentals double lp off his site when they were available. It may have been $30-40, which is worth it I think. Maybe he has some input on a supplier/makers. Anyways... How's the tour going?!

Stay well,

Tommy mitchell
rmg1680

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
gr2112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in too! Do you have any news?? thanks
Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: me too! Reply with quote

I would love to have that on vinyl too!
Gonza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Just an idea here: Maybe you could open a topic here so we can tell you how many people will buy the album in vinyl. If you do the math and get enough of a profit to not loose money then that's it.

I hope it comes out in vinyl it's just the perfect album for a vinyl edition
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked into ordering vinyl - I don't get a decent price unless I order at least 300, and I also checked into shipping boxes and USPS charges. In order to make the same profit as I make from CD's, I'd have to sell them for around 30 bucks. Meanwhile I'm in the hole for about 2500 while waiting to see if there are 300 customers out there who'd pay that much for it. So, still undecided.
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before thinking vinyl, maybe you should start by growing your audience. We all love you here, be let's face it, you're a little bit less known that Michael Jackson was.

One (fun) way to do that would be to put all of your tunes on youtube, for free. I know you may think "stupid! I'm not gonna make any money if all my music is for free on YT".

This link may change your mind... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5qAqzYLawI
Thanasis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Kevin that's jokes!

I mean, Michael Jackson's music is proved appropriate for when you drunkenly lay your eyes on the wrong pair of boobs for way longer than you actually think you are, on a night out at a club, but not all kinds of music fulfill the same function. Although I'd much prefer doing the latter while dancing to Dew Wut. Scott also has some pretty hot hits coming up that should be played in clubs (with the ten minute solos included) but the owners don't know sh#t.

I'd much rather stay at home and save money for the vinyl. I'd pay a hundred.

Also, a reminder to myself mostly, as I easily go off the rails when I'm excited, is that Scott's cause for making this message board happen was, as he said, to pay back for the selflessness that some people had in sharing their wisdom.
Although speaking to Scott is a privilege, thank Cap'n Kirk for that too, sometimes I might have to rethink if the questions I am asking have already been answered before or even if they are appropriate. I may have completely failed to do so, but I make sure I have tried. I encourage everyone to do the same so we don't disorientate the fellow members to navigate through the precious gems of info on here.
Gonza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Where I am from (Uruguay) 30 bucks for a vinyl is actually a very cheap price, for example Pink Floyd's The wall is selling here for around 80 bucks!

But of course it depends on if you have 300 buyers or not. But you know what, even if you are left out with 50 vinyls to sell, 250 people would have tremendously enjoyed the sweet sounding Album you made in the most satisfying way there is, making it all worth it. (maybe not money wise though)

Any way, I hope it gets to be some day, and I'm patiently anxious for the new stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: